Freitag, 10. Oktober 2014

making a difference


When it comes to spread the word of Christ or just talk about him in public I get a bit scared. It is on my heart that people get to know Jesus through me.I just didn't find a way that would fit for me.

With age and wisdom (phaha) I realized that sometimes you don't always have to invite non-believers to church or events like crazy. You don't always have to talk about Jesus in public. If I were a non-believer I wouldn't like it if someone would try to push me into church with a bible in the other hand. In fact I would even avoid to spend time with that person. Since I get to know non-believers who are scared by that, I don't want to be "that kinda christian".

So, I'm truly thankful that God gave me the opportunity to tell my friends about my faith without talking. (Don't get me wrong: I now enjoy talking about God in public. BUT I just don't want to push it) God made me see, that through making a difference I can tell people about his love. Making a difference - sounds easy, right? Let me explain.

I want to be a difference maker. I want to be a woman seen for her good heart. I want to be known as a servant. I want to be  a woman after God's own heart.

This isn't as easy as it was to write. Making a difference means that you have to step out from your comfort zone. You have to take time for yourself to see a change. And you need to let God take the lead. Making differences can be found in the little things like helping someone out with homework stuff. It can mean that you don't involve yourself in the gossip about the "nerd" in your class. The little things you do differently will make people think. And the big differences will make people talk. Big differences can be that you spend time helping in your church, going on a missonary trip, waiting for sex until marriage... whatever. But these are huge differences. If people see how you handle different situations you will make them think and you automatically get to spread the love of God. They'll ask you why you do it that way and which positive effects it has on your life. Maybe...maybe they'll even consider to make it the same way.

But will the differences I make even change someones heart, will I see results?
To be honest, I personally didn't see a result so far. But I could see that there were questions around and I could feel that they liked the way I think and act.

Small changes and personal commitment DO make a difference.Don't quit yet!
Ask God for wisdom. Ask him for the right differences you can make in your life. Ask for boldness.

With colossians 3:12-17 I wish you a very nice weekend. :)

So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put  on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeen you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalmsand hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Sincerely, Vanessa

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen